Tuesday, June 12, 2018

ECW recognizes Jackson-Feild's 11 graduates

L to R: ECW President Helen Sharpe Williams; Jackson-Feild alumna Leslie Ludwig; Ann Chaffins long-time member of Jackson-Feild development staff.
Helen Sharpe Williams, President of the Episcopal Church Women of the Diocese of Southern Virginia, presented a gift to each of the eleven high school graduates at Jackson-Feild's commencement on June 8. This was the third year the ECW of the Diocese of Southern Virginia has given each graduate a gift to recognize this special milestone in their lives. 
 
Two graduates spoke to those gathered about their experience at Jackson-Feild and at the on-campus, Gwaltney School. They expressed thanks and gratitude for the help and support they received from everyone at Jackson-Feild.
 
One of the graduates concluded her remarks saying "Every day at Jackson-Feild I got closer to God and discovered God within me. Maybe it is because just being in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees and animals, or the positive energy on campus but I believe it is the people who brought me closer. I hold Jackson-Feild very dear to my heart for opening a bright new world."