Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Jackson-Feild's children express thanks

Every year, Jackson-Feild Behavioral Health Services conducts a "Sponsor-a-Child for Christmas" program to raise funds for gifts, special meals, outings and activities during the Christmas holidays and throughout the year.
 
The children want to thank the churches and church groups of the Diocese of Southern Virginia for their generosity and kindness in providing gifts and opportunities during the Christmas holidays.
 
Wayne, 13, commented that last year "I received a pair of socks. It was bad because I watched everyone else open gifts and I got only socks. This year I am blessed that I spent my Christmas as Jackson-Feild. I had the best Christmas ever!"
 
The staff also thanks the churches, ECW's, youth groups and parishioners for making Christmas wishes come true for the children in their care.