Monday, January 14, 2013

Churches step up to the plate to sponsor children at Jackson-Feild Home

Jackson-Feild Homes would like to thank those churches and Episcopalians who provided gifts or funds for the children for Christmas. Thanks to them, all the children were sponsored and there were additional funds left over to purchase recreational and activity equipment and supplies. The girls and boys were overwhelmed on Christmas morning.

A sampling of some of the children's comments:
Kiersten - "I loved it! It was the best Christmas I ever had."
C.J. - "A memorable and fun experience I will never forget."
Tiffany - "I am very grateful for my gifts because someone really cares about me."
Kejah - "I greatly appreciate the gifts I was given. It shows that people truly care about others."
Victoria - "Thankful that people went out of their way to make Christmas special and the staff also made it memorable."

Jackson-Feild is a residential treatment program that serves children who have emotional disorders. Every effort is made to make these children feel loved, appreciated and valued. Each day, we strive to give the children experiences and opportunities that all children have during their teenage years, and the Christmas sponsorship program is just one of them.