Tuesday, October 30, 2012

College students in Southern Virginia are grateful for Ridley Foundation scholarships

In July the Ridley Foundation Board met and awarded 44 scholarships for the 2012-13 academic year totaling $87,000. Listen to what some of the recipients have said:

Dear Ridley Foundation,
I can only begin to describe my gratitude for the very generous financial assistance you all have given me. Thank you so much. This past summer I had the privilege of working for Virginia Tech's New Student Programs as an Orientation Leader. Ever since my freshman orientation I had dreams of becoming one. While working in this position, I was able to share my passion, personal experiences and the best advice I could offer with over 250 incoming freshmen. I can honestly say that I have never had a more rewarding job or one that I loved as much. I want you all to know that you have helped me with that dream and I could not be more grateful for your help. Thank you once again for helping work towards my goal of graduating college.
Sincerely,
Peter Gunderson, St. Thomas, Chesapeake

Dear Ridley Board of Trustees,
Thank you so much for helping again this year with my scholarship! Words cannot express how grateful I am. I am very excited for this new school year and I don't know if I could do it without your help! Thanks Again!
Sincerely,
Darby McClellan, Johns Memorial, Farmville

Thank you so much for all of your help. This is greatly appreciated and is very welcomed.
Again Thank You,
Eric Beard , Grace, Norfolk

I would like to express my deepest gratitude to your foundation for awarding me with your scholarship. It made a definite contribution to my education.
Sincerely,
Ericka J Beard, Grace, Norfolk

The Ridley Foundation,
Thank you so much for your support. I will use the money wisely. It is good to know I can find support in the church I love. Go Hokies!
Julie Worley, St. Paul's, Norfolk

To the Board of Trustees for the Ridley Foundation,
Thank you very much for seeing fit to award me a scholarship! The financial assistance provided by you has been a major asset in college, and I feel confident that the education I am receiving will enable me to carry out God's work in the world.
Thank you,
Marcus Starman, St. Martin's, Williamsburg

Dear Ridley Foundation,
Thank you so much for the immensely generous scholarship! My family and I are both very grateful to the Ridley Foundation for helping to make my academic dreams come true.
Thanks again and God bless!
Kerri Kearse, Emmanuel, Virginia Beach